The Sister in The Tight Skirt

I visited a church the other day, the preacher mentioned the necessity of women wearing long dresses and being covered from head to toe. I noticed the nervousness of the two ladies in front of me, two of them were curvaceous. It must be hard to conceal ones curves when one has a larger physical frame. I think they were rather new to the church too. I thought its a shame that a pastor has to publicly put down down another, why not have a chat in person, if he has too. The pulpit is not a beating place and if one has to say something that's personal and critical, use wisdom, you're be more effective that way. Regarding the law, well if were going to keep one point lets keep them all and if we can't do that we are condemned by the very law we ourselves cannot keep. So friend, good preaching is not an ability to be rash and pompous but wise and Christlike. The strength is not in your shout or rebuke but in your humility and love.  A sister offended is harder to be won that a strong city. Next time you preach on winning the city, first win the sister in the tight skirt!

Comments

  1. Amen...they should be called aside if they feel it necessary. But often that runs some off. You're right the pulpit is not a beating place....thats whats run so many off in the truth....I remember when I was young this preacher in the truth now throwing things at my daddy on the pulpit. He would often refer to him as having a yellow streak down his back and would say so behind the pulpit. It almost kept me from coming into the truth...OnceI came back to the truth the Lord showed me what was there....that man really needed deliverance and it came out he had molested his children and many other things but no one wanted to talk about it....but its a shame...whats going on behind the pulpits with others....and how they sling things out when they themselves are not clean. I still remember what Jesus said to the woman found committing adultry. Jesus said,"Let him that is without sin cast the first stone." I believe what Jesus wrote there in the sand brought out some of their sins and they didn't want it known. But Jesus spoke truth and forgave that woman who was being persecuted. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Place of COMPASSION in our Preaching

Where are the MOTIVATORS

God is Doing It...Can You See It?