Are We Christians All One Church ?

One Lord One faith one baptism. (Eph 4:5) I have manifested thy name to them which thou hast given me.. (John 17:6) I pray for them for they are mine (v9) That "they" all may be one as thou Father art in me and I in thee (v21).

A young man told me the other day, "We are all one!" I said "No we are not! If were were one then why not join ours and leave yours.  If we are all one then I can be whatever you are. If you are methodist or presbyterian or Lutheran or whatever, I can take my choice, discard my theology cause It dont matter. Sounds good. So I look forward to seeing you on sunday. You are welcome to tythe too, here's an envelope!..."

Jesus did not pray that all churches would be one. He has only one church and the ones that are one "in" him is that one church. So quit trying to get all churches together. Be the church that Jesus put together. Be the church that Jesus said is one with him. Unity is not us uniting as churches, its us who are one with him, just as the father is one with him.  Unity is not us combining ourselves for an event. Its those who are one in Christ with Christ. Only in Christ can we be one. Which brings me to this question. Are you baptised into the name or into a church? (Acts 2:38). If baptism int the name of Jesus was no neccessary then anyone who is a "Christian" (by their own standard and definition and mode of baptism) would be of the faith. Hence the statement "those thou hast given me" (v5) Are you one of them?

This is Paul thomas for the "faith once delivered!"

 Thi ebook 9 Reasons Why You Should be Baptised in Jesus Name is available on amazon:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Place of COMPASSION in our Preaching

Where are the MOTIVATORS

God is Doing It...Can You See It?