Does the Word read you?

Do you read the Word or does the Word read you?

We are people of the light. We have come out of darkness into his marvelous light. Light speaks of truth and transparency, revelation and insight, hence we fight not against truth but rather for it. When we read the scriptures, we allow it to change us. We don't read scriptures in the light of our views, rather we read scriptures to know the authors view. Scriptures then read us. We don't provide the interpretation to the word, scriptures interpret themselves and so change our understanding. We are changed! This is test of truth, does the scripture change me or do I change it! Do I interpret scriptures according to my faith or does what I read change my faith? Does what I believe adapt God's doctrine or does what I read challenge, confront and change my doctrine?
Only then Can I be said to be in the light.

May I ask, What has changed you lately?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Place of COMPASSION in our Preaching

Where are the MOTIVATORS

God is Doing It...Can You See It?