Influence

I have become all things to all men so that by all means possible I might save some (1 Cor 9:22) Whatever a person is like I  I try to find common ground with him so that he will let me tell him about Christ and let Christ save him ( 1 Cor 9:22 The Living Bible). We as uncommon people have to find something in common with those who live in a culture uncommon to us. the one thing we share is the city we live in, we both live here.

Culture and the changing of it has become a topic that has caused some buzz over the years, It sounds good, changing the culture! actually the step Paul was talking about here is "influence" I become, thats the change "I myself in becoming" a friend to you, a help to another, a friendly "good morning" to someone else can become a bridge that helps me later on present Christ to them. Through conversation I can gain influence and through Influence I can by all means win some.

Its personal "I become" all things. Its not the church changing, the church most of the time does not and maybe cannot change. The church is there after all to provide a foundation that cannot change, but I can. In my approach I can change to win others.

Secondly note that Paul said he becomes all things. could this mean he becomes approachable, yes! He become a friend, yes! He becomes a good neighbor, yes! He becomes a minister to them, yes! He becomes a pastor to them, yes! He becomes an infuencer to them, yes! He becomes all these things. Your ministry then is far bigger in the kingdom that what it is in the church, far bigger! you become "all things to all men." and so for this reason we have to see ourselves as influencers in the kingdom not just ministries inthe church.

May I suggest three simple things you can do to influence others. Build a blog or website to connect with unbelievers and not so much believers. Let's face it most of the blogs you read are probably geared to church stuff! you know what I mean. Secondly offline, begin to chat, talk to the unsaved, periodically and intentionally, see yourselves as a kingdom pastor and pastor in the city. yes "you," even if you have no role in the church you can shepherd in the city. The one two or more in your city. Thirdly, if the church dont change, you be the change! Speak words of hope and confidence to those around you, get together and start a group,a coffee, chat group on the bible or Life. Bit by bit, little by little, you are by all means winning some.

Blessings and may 2018 be your year of divine favour in the city!
Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Place of COMPASSION in our Preaching

Where are the MOTIVATORS

God is Doing It...Can You See It?